WEST VIRGINIA BOWHUNTERS ASSOCIATION
GRANT REQUEST APPLICATION FOR ARCHERY IN SCHOOLS (AIS) PROGRAMS
PURPOSE: To preserve, protect and promote the sport of archery to students in the state of West Virginia.
This is a competitive grant process. The extent of your award will be based on the information provided in your application. In order for your application to be considered, prepare a narrative describing how your school or institution will use the money and/or equipment awarded by this grant to implement the AIS Program. The application must address all of the areas listed below. For your application to be considered, your school or group must have a certified Basic Archery Instructor (BAI) on staff, or a staff member currently enrolled in a WV Division of Natural Resources AIS training session and said person must complete course before funding/equipment will be provided. Other requirements are provided in the guidelines for application.
NOTE: WVBA will give first priority of grant monies/equipment to new AIS programs for the purpose of introducing new students to the sport of archery.
- Description of the project (include narrative)
- The specific need of your school or group
- AIS program significance to the community and particular benefit
- Goals and Objectives
- Names and qualifications of those persons who will carry out the program (AIS Certified); include a copy of the certification card(s).
- The number of students the grant will impact
- Brief description of the school, when, where and how AIS will be taught (i.e. 8th grade only; in PE class; after school club; etc. – tell us how you will implement the program)
- Budget (attach to narrative)
- Complete budget for the equipment needed (attach order form for equipment desired)
- How do you propose to fund the project
- The names of the other funding sources if any
- Note: If your school is selected, WVBA reserves the right to act as the purchasing agent with the equipment being shipped direct to the school contact on the application.
- Description of the Applicant Organization
- The name, address, phone and e-mail of the contact person
- Include a list of your administrators, officers and or board members
- If the applicant is a public or private school, written approval of the schools FACULTY SENATE must be included. NOTE: grant request which do not include such approval will not be considered.
Grant requests must be mailed to: WVBA; PO Box 7440; Charleston, WV 25356. Applications will be accepted beginning on January 1 with deadline of July 31. For questions contact John Drangmeister at (304) 562-9730, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or attach to this form.
The West Virginia Bowhunters Association shall not discriminate in awarding its Archery in the Schools Grants due to race, creed, color, disability, sex or national origin nor shall it discriminate in any other practices of the organization.